A New Day

Well here we go. I never thought I would start a blog...I mean I hardly have time to brush my hair some days where am I going to find the time to write here, but alas after reading some of my friends blogs I decided to at least give it a try. What harm could there be in posting my thoughts and feelings on the internet...hmm.
My thought for this blog came from a country song (sorry to those of you I just lost at the mention of country music), but ever since become a mom 2 years ago I have found myself s singing those lyrics when things aren't necessarily going the way I would like. Part of the lyrics in the song go "some days we barely make it" and that is how I feel some days. "But some days, some days are good." Ok I am done quoting country music for a while. I have good days and I have rough days, just like all of us, and I have been trying to learn how to let each of those days teach me something. It is difficult in the midst of our various situations to get a new perspective, especially when we want to mop or complain (something I do at times). So how can I as a mom, wife and woman "count it all joy, when I face trials of many kinds" (James 2:1) well it is not easy, but everyday God gives me a new day to try to learn and grow and show love to those 2 ft monsters...and the big monsters too.
So off I go on a new day filled with diapers, feedings and laundry (which I started on Monday and am having trouble getting finished) and we will add a trip to town and an attempt to make fondant, but it is a new day and I will do my best to make it a good day.
This day: Better

Comments

  1. I am very happy you have started this blog, Ash, and I look forward to seeing and reading and the lessons that God teaches you as a mom, wife, and woman.

    Also, you have not lost me due to the country music reference... I suppose our friendship must be strong enough to withstand musical tastes :P

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you started a blog! :) I am enjoying reading your posts and your thoughts on life. Yes, some days are better than others...but every day is filled with meaning. By the way, I love the background!! How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts