Can I Go To Bed Yet?

So it has been a day...and yes it is only 10:30 in the morning, but I think I have earned an early bed time...I have been up for 6 hours but only awake for 1 1/2, if this doesn't make sense to you, you have never been a mother. After spending 3 hours sleeping in a chair because my daughter has decided of late that sleeping is impossible unless comforted by mom. However, it was not my intent to spend that time bonding with my chair and child it just happened, again if you don't understand that you have never been a sleep deprived mom.  Finally getting a few more winks on the couch as the 2 year old was awake and needed "supervision" ha ha. (I think he might have found the chocolate pretzels when I was...distracted)

When I got up I decided to make a quick batch of blueberry muffins, that went fine. However, since then I have been through three cups of coffee, no, I am not that crazy about caffeine as I have probably only consumed about a half a cup of that. The first cup had an encounter with my carpet when my son decided that he needed to cheers my coffee mug with his water cup. (Yell at child #1) Cleaned that one up sat down to feed the little one, 2 yr old tries climbing on top of me and her while she is eating and just about asleep, for some reason she didn't do enough of that last night. (Yell at child #2). Not to mention that fact that I cannot find my baby nail clippers anywhere and needless to say my grabby, sharp nailed little precious didn't help to ease my irritation that had begun.

Got the little one back in her crib headed to the kitchen to eat some blueberry muffins and refill my now almost empty coffee mug. Put my coffee in the microwave as it has started to get cool, all good. However I should have left the mug in there, as when I went to pull the mug out somehow I managed to dump my cup all over the counter and under the microwave. Discouraged I cleaned up the mess, I did consider leaving it but thought that might just become more discouraging later. I still hadn't eaten my muffins and was looking forward to enjoying them with my coffee, so back to the coffee pot I  go to refill my mug again...only to discover all that was left was about a 1/4 of my mug, but I had already added my cream and thus being resourceful, or desperate, I just added water and warmed the last little bit.

This is where you find me now. Tired, frustrated, paranoid about spilling my coffee again. The good news is that my day can only get better. So if I just take a moment and a deep breath, we will hopefully make it through the rest of the day without too many more issues, but a I would much rather just crawl back under my blankets and hide. :)

Today: still under construction

Comments

Popular Posts