Day of Cleaning

Take that Mr. Flu bug!! If that house cleaning doesn't get rid of you I don't know what will!!
For the last 2 weeks someone in our house had been feeling unwell and I have finally had enough! So despite the gut ache, exhaustion from a morning spent trying to calm with crying kids at the same time and a trip to Costco that took much longer then it should have, I came home yesterday afternoon and cleaned my house. Thankfully both little ones slept...actually one slept from 12:30 until 4 pm and the other slept from about 2:30 until 4:30pm which gave me time to clean.

Out came the mop and antibacterial wipes. First the bathroom, I even washed the walls, cleaned corners and baseboards. Next all the doorknobs and light switches I could wipe without waking a child. It is amazing when you actually start thinking about all the things we touch with our hands that don't get cleaned regularly. So out came the rags to get the phones, remotes, keyboard and mouse. I even got supper made and the kitchen clean. You will not believe how great the house felt; however, if you were to come visit today the shine will probably be gone...it doesn't take long. The wonderful part was that after supper was finished and the kids were bathed I could sit an relax, enjoying some time with my wonderful husband. Although I could have napped in the afternoon when the kids were sleeping I would not have been able to accomplish as much and would still have been tired in the evening.

So today, now that my house is clean, it is time to pull out the Christmas decorations. We will see if the kids cooperate as well as they did yesterday, but I am not really expecting it. And now that the house has got a good clean lets hope that nasty little bug that has been traveling from person to person will finally leave, as it has wore out its welcome.

So what have a learned today, well despite what my husband might say, sometimes it is worth it to get things done first and rest later. He seems to think that you never get everything done so you rest before you start. I; however, have a different approach, do what you need to do first because then when you do rest you feel much better and aren't thinking about what needs to be done. I know such a deep thought for today.

Today: feeling satisfied

Comments

Popular Posts