The Young, The Old...I mean Wise, and The Crazy

Today I was able to enjoy a morning with some lovely ladies, celebrating the a little boy who was born a few months ago to a very good friend of mine. It was a wonderful morning....turned into afternoon, with some very close friends and some friends I am just getting to know. But it is always a treat to get to sit around with other women and talk, and eat and laugh. This, I have began to see, is not a joy shared as much by men. Women are built for relationship and it is so fulfilling for us to be able to fellowship and just sit with a cup of coffee, or whatever your preference, and just share our stories, lives and at times our wisdom.

Such was the case today. The crowd was nicely diversified with beautiful young ladies yet to be discovered by their prince charming (Sometimes I think men are just blind and stupid, because I have too many wonderful, beautiful, God loving women who have yet to be swept of their feet and loved like they deserve) anyway, carrying on, there was also a wonderful woman who is...shall we say a seasoned, wise woman and mother who has been around the block a time or two :) (I know that will get to her and I tired to be careful but I will probably hear about it) and then we have us moms. The sleep deprived, sometimes cynical and desperate for human company that is over 3 ft tall, group. It is always nice to get a chance to share stories and hear the struggles and joy that other moms have. To know that these women understand and want to hear your story too (although sometimes I think I talk too much and listen too little, something I would like to change).

There is a peace and a settledness that I feel when I am able to connect with other women and hear about who they are, where they have come from and where they want to go. People are fascinating to me and I am always amazed at the way God created us all so unique and different. With different stories, dreams and ways of seeing the world, yet we all desire relationship, even with those who are different then ourselves.

As you get together with family and friends with weekend, take a moment to be grateful for the differences of the people around you. Enjoy the conversations and crazy stories. Those who sometimes get on your nerves because they are so different then you....or maybe so much like you. Family and friends are so important and even though sometimes my family can cause so much grief and frustration, it is wonderful that they are there and that I am not alone in this world. Relationship is beautiful. As it is Easter I will also mention the enormity of my gratefulness for what Jesus did, by dying and coming back to life, relationship with God has been restored and we once again can find life and peace.

Anyway, that's it. How I got from baby showers to Easter I do not know...

Comments

  1. I came home from the shower and noticed the same peace seemed to have settled around my heart. I am amazed at the women God has brought together, and truly blessed by it.

    And I appreciated your rant about stupid, blind men ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts