Where Did These fangs Come From?

I hate feeling so grumpy when I know deep down I really have so much to be thankful for and no reason to feel the way that I do (Oh time warp back to High school; however now I can at least be a little more objective now...a little more anyway).

My husband and I got away for about a day and half last weekend. And it was wonderful! No worries about the little ones because we were too far away to do anything anyway. And we were able to just be adults. Believe it or not we were even able to only pack 2 bags!! Amazing! And we were able to grab those bags, check-in at the hotel and go directly to our room. No back and forth with kids and luggage trying to get everyone gathered and organized. :) Then that night (even though it too forever to get to sleep, had a little too much coffee I think) I actually slept through the whole night without waking up once, hence why I must have woke up at 7:30 feeling rested. Enjoyed a leisurely breakfast drinking more coffee and reading the newspaper, then it was off to Chapters (one of our favorite date places!) for a wander and more coffee...except this time we opted for decaf. Anyway it was wonderful.

But alas, we all have to come home some time, and I was glad to see my little ones again and they were definitely glad to see us, even though they really do like Grandma! The only problem I have is that somewhere along this wonderful weekend and the joy of coming home I have found a miserable attitude. My thought is that it is PMS  but wow it is terrible. I am crabby, short tempered and generally miserable. It doesn't seem to matter what my husband does I am still in a bad mood either with him or the kids or whoever is convenient victim at the time.

I say PMS because looking at my feelings it reminds me of those irrational outburst I had as a teenager that I just never understood and usually succumbed too. This transition back to normal hormones from pregnancy hormones doesn't seem to be very smooth this time around and I just feel miserable. Not to say this is any excuse but sometimes I just don't know what to do with myself. I don't like how I feel or how I behave but it is such a struggle to control the feels and emotions that tend to take over.I am not even this bad when I am pregnant.

So here I am just another woman blaming her issues on hormones :) but it is still my responsibility to behave lovingly and if not lovingly at least civilly.

This is just not always easy...sometimes I wish I was more like a waffle and less like spaghetti.
Hoping for a better day today.

Comments

Popular Posts