Today's Food

I am sitting here smelling the lovely aroma of freshly baked bread and shortly I am going to be slicing off a piece and enjoying it with either a little butter and rogers syrup or peanut butter and honey. I love homemade bread and considering my little man breaks out with eczema from store bought bread it is kinda of nice to be forced to make bread.

But my other accomplishment today was making quinoa.  I have had a bag of it for a while and I enjoyed it (even though it was a little bland all by itself) so I have been on the look out for easy recipes that use it. Today I was quickly search for a recipe and it gave me a few ideas. In the end I tossed quinoa and chicken stock in the rice cooker. When it was done I added chopped cucumber, red pepper, celery and green onion to it. For the dressing I added like 1 tsp of lemon juice, and then just a little splash of soya sauce because it needed a little more flavor. And it turned out AMAZING!!! I wanted to eat all of it but I made myself save some for lunch tomorrow. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Now I only feel sorry for my husband because now that I have found something easy to make with quinoa I may over make it...maybe....
Zach didn't care for the quinoa, even though I made him eat a few bites, but he sure went to town on the honey garlic sausage. So at least he is eating meat, this is a big step for him!

Anyway just wanted to share my food success tonight!

Comments

Popular Posts