Here's to New Days!!!...and maybe more sleep

Warning: Due to my life and children this post has been in the making for a few days and should have been posted on Sunday! Enjoy

Well Happy New Year everyone, I am sure you all behaved yourselves over New Years...I didn't wow what  a night...watching Captain America and drinking lattes with my mom and husband...Oooo so crazy. Couldn't even find a count down on our 2 channels last night, had to use Telus time. What is Canadian television coming to?!? Nadiya was all for partying it up last night, well at least she was as long as I wasn't holding her, that is when she slept. I spent a little too much time sleeping in the chair with her last night. However, we have remedied this. The chair is now back in its usual spot in the living room and I am back to my wooden rocking chair...not nearly as comfortable or as easy to sleep in. Just in case getting up to feed a baby in the middle of the night wasn't enough add an old wooden chair to sit in :) But even if I complain it does bring back a lot of memories seems I nursed the first one in it all the time.

Speaking of nostalgia, we took down our Christmas tree yesterday. This is a job I don't usually like, not because I don't like to let go of Christmas it is just hard to see things change. You spend so much time and excitement getting ready for Christmas and then...just like that it is over and like my husband said when we were talking about it, after Christmas it is just winter. Kind of like Narnia "always winter and never Christmas" even though Christmas has already come it can still kind of feel like that. Now if I was one of my friends I would go off on the deep wondering of another world being visible in ours and how she would love to wandering to a wardrobe and discover a new magical world...but unfortunately you are reading my and I am much too practical for that :) That is why I love her she thinks differently then me!
But anyway I was taking down my tree it is always brings back a lot of memories because I, like my mother, have a lot of sentimental ornaments and seems I have only had my own tree for 5 years I know exactly where and when I got each ornament, so I feel a little sad that those memories get packed away once again. But we got through it and my house is getting back to normal. I still won't take down some of my garland and lights for a while, I still like them.

So here we are setting off into a New Year...just like last year....and the year before that. Forgive me for not sounding more excited, I just couldn't seem to get into the New Year feeling this year, but maybe it is because last year was such a great year (I actually had a girl...no you don't understand she was the first on in 65 years on my husbands side and the first grand daughter on both sides) I just don't have a ton of expectation for this year. (I feel terrible even saying that) That being said I do know that by this time next year I will more then likely have many fond memories to look back on...I mean I am going to have to moving people under 3 feet tall, life can't help but be interesting. So I guess I just need to find my anticipation, but I am not sure where I left it. However, Zach does have a New Years resolution this year...he may not know it yet, or like it, but it is "get tough about the soother" time. No more soother during the day...we will see how long I last. Not not him, me. It is just easier to give it to him then listen to him whine and cry. Anyway I am sure our little family will have a wonderful year, even with its ups and downs.

So this is me sending you who read this (no matter where you read it, like in the bathroom!!) best wishes in this new year that lies ahead of us. May your days be filled with peace and your nights with sleep.....Hahaha!! not entirely likely if you have small children but it was worth a try :)
Now for that sleep...maybe tonight she will cooperate *sigh*

Comments

  1. Happy new year, Parlee family! We love you dearly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts