Accepting My Inner Crafter

I have always been hard on myself, being a bit of a perfectionist (sometimes you wouldn't know it) and have called myself many things over the years...but crafter has never been one of those things. I have never seen myself as a craft person. Craft people as those people who make little trinkets that really have no use, like paint little rocks to look like lady bugs, crocheting little doilies or...insert other forms of crafting I guess I just never thought of myself as one of these people. I like the thought of doing crafts and I love the finished product but I just don't like the fuss. However...I am cheap! If I can make something for less then I can buy it...or I can make it better then the bought version I will. So I never really considered what I did crafting.

But after this weekend I realized maybe I do have a craft problem after all :) (Pintrest probably hasn't helped, all those good ideas!) I have never been much of a scrapbooker...I just don't have the patience or the money, to put into it. My mom didn't do a lot of crafting either but the one craft she did pass on to me was sewing. I really enjoy sewing....all sorts of things. And I have started to enjoy cake decorating This weekend I finished a carseat cover that is a copy cat of one I saw online, but knew would be super easy to make and about $15 cheaper. I am also trying out transferring photos to canvas (once again I love canvas pictures but it costs an arm and a leg to get them printed that way) and today I also finished my daughters tutu! (also super easy and cost me 3m of tulle and 12" of elastic) so about $5 both were on sale for buy a meter get one free! Even better! The tutus sell at the Farmers Market for $15! Anyway I am starting to see a pattern to my crafting, but I am also realizing that it is still crafting.

Now I am not quite ready to call my self a bonified crafter or as we call it today DIY. I do like to do-it-myself for less money! So you probably won't see too many tutorials on this blog but I might share some of my adventures and deals. So here is my princess sporting her new tutu!

Comments

  1. I love the tutu! And I know for a fact that you do pictures well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on Michaela's birthday tutu this week as well! Nadiya's looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts