The Spray Paint Problem

So here it is 10:43pm and I am still sitting at my computer, not quite ready to go to bed yet feeling rather bored. So instead of wasting my time on pintrest, I decided to show you my latest makeover (well actually it is my second latest makeover, but the other picture are on my moms phone and I haven't put them on my computer yet) anyway details you could probably care less about. More to the point of this post. I have realized living with a husband that is...shall we say fiscally aware...(which I am grateful for by the way) that I can be quite resourceful when I try to be. Hence my new found love...spray paint :)

You would be amazed what you can get away with with spray paint! It is truly an $8 can of miracles and aerosol. You can take worn out furniture (that you don't really have extra money to replace) and presto about an hour later you have given that furniture a new lease on life and well it may not be perfect but to me it feels fresh and new and amazing because all it cost was $8 :)

I discovered this all last fall when my poor coffee table and end tables were beginning to show their years of love and destruction. They were give to us when we were poor, newlywed interns and they have seen their share of destruction 4 moves and 2 children later. However they weren't falling apart. I wasn't too worried about wreaking them and they aren't real wood so out comes the can of brown spray paint (I didn't even bother sanding) and they looked great. I did however learn that with children and toys a couple coats of varnish after the paint is a good idea.

So when my latest piece of furniture migrated to me (actually it is my old bed that seems to have followed me from my childhood) I knew another can of spray paint was going to be needed.


I had stared at the brown metal for far too many years! My selection was slightly limited at our local hardware store, so I opted for a little colour to liven up my bleak basement where this lovely bed would make its new home.


The finished product! I even hired a model to pose for me :) and no she didn't come with the can of spray paint. There is still lots of work to be done in my poor basement (I feel terrible making guests sleep down there but better there then in the crib with Nadiya). I am pretty happy with my little spray paint hobby. I also have some lamps I have redone with spray paint but that is another story for another time. I will let you all get back to your exciting lives and I will try to convince myself that it is time to go to bed...I will try anyway :)

Comments

  1. As the model posing on that bed I would just like the state that the spray painted bed was AMAZING to sleep on!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts