Some Days you Win Sone Days you Lose...and this was my day to lose

Phew, I am exhausted! Why? You might ask? Well it wasn't because I accomplished any amazing feat or anything today. In all honesty my laundry is still sitting in the same pile it was this morning and supper was made out of a crockpot. My trouble with today but simply just "the kids". I couldn't win (well actually I won once but it was an epic battle).

It just turned out to be one of those days where my fuse was short and my voice too loud. The kids were too slow and the toys in a huge mess. The epic battle I alluded to earlier, well that was supper time. My son has decided that unless it is pancakes he doesn't like supper...he only likes "snacks". So we sat down for 45 min to simply eat half a bun (gone in 30 seconds) and 10 bites of roast beef and carrots. 10 Stinking Bites! I mean come on how long does it really take to eat 10 BITES!!!
Now his refusal to eat is not simply stubborn fighting but instead he sits there talking and talking and getting distracted by EVERYTHING! It would be exhausting just to try to relate how it went. I just couldn't get him to focus on eating and I was getting frustrated, BUT eventually he ate 10 bites...45 minutes later.

Nap time was another disaster. My kids are usually pretty easy to get down for naps, but today was awful. I think it took and hour of "No it's quiet time, go back to your bed" before they finally both were sobbing and finally got quiet enough to nap. I just about gave up on that one, but worried about the long term repercussions. See children are like horses, you let them away with something once and they think they can do it all the time. No matter how may times they have been told no in the past, that one time you let them eat the alfalfa while you are riding will leave you arm aching from being yanked by the reigns so they can get another bite. (That was a horse reference not the children eating alfalfa, just in case you missed that)

But my day pretty much consisted of cleaning up toys, chasing a tricycle down the street, finding a lost Baaba, fighting the "no soother if your not in bed" battle with jelly beans, changing peed pants and hoping the accident didn't happen on my carpet and trying ever so hard not to lose my temper and failing miserably. Lets just hope and pray that tomorrow goes better.

So needless to say this is mostly a venting post, no great lesson to be learned here today, well there was probably a lesson that could have been learned but I have not had the energy to figure out what it is.

So far they are both in bed, lets hope for good and I think I am in need of some quiet time myself.

Comments

  1. ahhh, the joys of parenthood. I hope you got to put your feel up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts