Stories from the Playroom

Just so you don't think that all I do is complain about being a mom, I have had a few moments the last few days where I just laughed at my kids. There really are so many of these moments in a day that I am sure I have forgotten some of the funny stories but these are a few that I remember and made me smile.

First of all my kids are pretty cute! I  know everyone says that but really mine are :) and my youngest is just getting the communication thing. Her words are coming better and better but her favorite word right now is "yeah". And I will be honest we will ask her things just so we can hear her say it because it is awesome! It is not a regular nonchalant "yeah, I guess" it is a slightly high pitched, super excited, I just won the lottery "Yeeaahh, this is going to be epic!" I love it! It is like when we finally figured out what she was trying to ask and her face lights up and out comes the "Yeaahhh!"

There have also been a few other stories from this particular child, one involves my underwear which I mentioned on facebook. But apparently she isn't the only child who likes to wear her moms underwear as a necklace. I laughed when she came wandering out of the living room, where she and her brother had been playing quietly, with the bulging scarf of  undies like she had just walked off the cover of a fashion magazine "Isn't this the new rage??" Her and I will have to have a conversation one day about fashion statements :)

Now the other child has become quite the story teller. You can't always understand everything he says but he uses lots of sound effects to make it easier for those of us who still have trouble deciphering toddlerees. But his stories usually have involve something blowing up or getting hit, and he talks with his hands a lot. But the other day in particular he had a story he just had to tell over and over every chance he got. Him and I had stopped by my mom's work and on our way out he had tripped over the curb (partly because I wasn't paying attention and partly because he was dawdling, which he does really well). So later that day he noticed a bruise on his leg from said fall. However, to hear him tell is (AND SHOW IT) you would think he had been blown across the parking lot by a missile from an airstrike. You could see it in his eyes as he prepared to tell his story. They would start to light up as he would begin to feel the slight pain in his knee, then he would pull up his pant leg so he could point out his war wound, making sure you didn't miss the devastation that had been inflicted on his body; then the hands would go up in the air ensuring your attention was all on him, "was walking" and "fall" was somewhat audible in the cacophony of explosion and shooting noises that were part of this story and then with a flourish he would throw himself flat on the floor, so you knew exactly how he came to have the war wound you had seen earlier. He then lays on the floor face first until you acknowledge his trauma and he saw you were mesmerized by the gripping event he has just described. Now I heard (and experienced) this story several time throughout the day and when Nate got home he once again regaled his father with the tale several times :) just to make sure we didn't miss something the first three times we saw it! But how could be forget the time he tripped and bruised his knee ;)

He has many of these stories, which as of late have a lot to do with little wounds he has earned. One most recent wound on his hand apparently came from a snake :)

Just a few stories that make me laugh and shake my head at the beautiful children that I have been blessed to love and raise!

Comments

Popular Posts