Winter Escapades...


We will see how far I get in this post before one of the children demand to be on my lap pounding the keyboard "just like mommy." But until then I will begin to relate the our Christmas experience.

Christmas was great, my brother and my nephew even made it and it was great to have them here for a couple days. The kids had a blast and it is fun watching them chase each other around various rooms, one with a shopping cart and the other with the doll stroller. Either that or they are fighting over who gets what toy and I am trying to break up the fist fights that breaks out when someone feels unjustly abused by the offending party who happens to have something they want or even had the audacity to touch "their" toy :) It has been fun. I have to tell you about my Christmas gains (and no not the weight but I couldn't even tell you that seems I don't own a  scale) but all my new knives :) Yes that is right knives, plural! First a beautiful set of Kuridori knives for my kitchen!
Now you will only understand the thrill of this seems I have never had a really nice set of kitchen knives and the ones I have happen to be seratted, which apparently is fine for me but not so fine for the leftys in my life, namely my mom and husband. These are pretty amazing they cut through thawed bacon like it was butter :)  So Jessica Slykhuis you will not be allowed to visit my house until I have sufficiently dulled these knives or I have time to hide them :)

My husband also bought me Kershaw pocket knife, which at one point in my life would have been incredibly handy, I am unsure of its positive use as a mother of two toddlers, not necessarily a great diaper bag accessory but as for a camping tool quite handy!

So that's all I will say for gifts and as for the people in my Christmas we had a friend who is a long ways away from home, come and spend Christmas with us, which was wonderful as all my family was here for Christmas and it is always nice to have a neutral party when family is gathering. There was some drama from my side of the family but not really something you post in a blog but we survived and I had a lesson in changing my attitude. This was not an easy lesson and I am frustrated with myself and my selfishness but bottom line no matter how stressful and painful situations in my family can be on me, God loves them even more and He is hurting for them too. There is no easy solution to our issues but I am glad that God cares even more then I do.

We all managed to survive Christmas but in all honesty I am glad it is over and life can get back to normal, as it did shortly after Boxing Day as Nate was back at work and sent out of down for a few days. Leaving me with the job of restoring order to our little home and family. The Christmas tree has been put away, I have been catching up on a few chores that were left during the busyness of Christmas, which included cleaning the snow off the roof (not really a fun job) but as a result I have decided to make the kids a sledding hill off our back deck from the large pile of snow that has collected over the last couple months. So there is fun in the work.

But as I don't usually like to get too long winded I should probably go take care of the munchkins. I hope that your Christmas was full of joy and good food. Remember there is a whole new year to look forward to in the next few days. From our family to yours best wishes in 2013!


Comments

  1. What do you mean you won't let me near your new knives?!?!?! I have no idea what you could be implying with such a statement ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least we can say you have been warned :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts