Confessions from the competitive streak

So apparently I missed the blogging memo but seems two other of my friends who blog made confessions today I figured maybe I missed Bloggers Day to Confess, so I had to think up something brilliant to bring to my confession....and well not much came to mind.....well its not like I am saying I am perfect...Oh so far from it.
However, as many of you who are my friends on Facebook know, this week I have been baking for the Fall Fair. I used to enter the Fall Fair when I was younger, but this year I decided to give it a try again. So for 3 days I made jam, cookies, cakes and pies and then rushed them and hour and a half to drop them off. After heading back a few days later I got to find out how my baking stood up to other bakers in our region. And this simple task but it seems to have had some major repercussions.

When I was younger I was a little competitive....ok ok so I was a lot competitive. This included tears over losing a game anywhere from basketball to a board game with my family. But since Bible college this need to compete and the thrill of competing and winning has not really been a part of my life and seems to have been dormant...which is probably a good thing seems the majority of my time in these last several years has been spent newly married and raising a family and as much fun as a baby race would be I do not think it would be in the best interest of my husbands sanity. But after this small taste of victory I found that need for competition begin to rise again.

I noticed this when we were back at the fair picking up my winnings and stopped to watch the horse show for a little while. I used to show horses to, one friend and I used to spend our summers going from country fair to country fair showing horses. It was always fun, never really competitive, but it was still competition. So here I am 2 kids later insanely thinking "boy wouldn't that be fun to show horses again?" Yeah right!
So lets hope this competitive stirring is once again put to rest before I do something crazy, but in a way it is good to know that I still have it in me to want to get out there and do my best at something and hey once in a while we all need a little recognition.

So there is my confession.

Comments

Popular Posts