May Maddness

Ever since I was a young girl May has been the most crazy month in the whole year for me. Every May as a teenager at some point I would end up in tears, worn out and exhausted or just stressed out. This was usually due to my involvement in too many extra curricular activities, school and the fact that there were at least 6 birthdays between my family and close friends in the month of May. It just always a stressful time for me.
Then after graduating from high school, leaving piano lessons and 4-H behind, I had the opportunity to start anew with May...yeah...that was until I got married in May. So now not only does May contain my birthday, it also contains my anniversary and add to that Mother's day (which by the way will always be within 4 days of my anniversary).
So as a result May is still crazy and this May was no different. I still found my self overwhelmed and stressed out and in tears during the last month. Looking back I still see my melt down moment... moments :)

One of my highlights was my birthday, it was a wonderful day. My husband brought home take-out, always wonderful! I was stood up on my birthday by one of my lovely friends, but she definitely made up for it with a great visit a few days later. I was a little worried about my birthday as they sometimes are just a reminder that so many of my good friends don't live close to me, or even in the same province. But I am blessed with the family and few friends that I do have close. I still have one birthday celebration left as well. It has kind of become a tradition with one of my friends that we try take one evening, close to one of our birthdays, where we can both get away from our kids (we both have a few) and go out for dinner just us girls.

May is such a mad month for me but I glad to say I have come out the other side and can smile. And I have a couple blog ideas bubbling up so hopefully I will get to them soon!

Bring on the SUMMER!

Comments

Popular Posts